The Computer Science Department offers three BA/MS and BS/MS degree options (simply Bx/MS, hereafter):
- a research-oriented option for Computer Science majors,
- a professionally-oriented option for Computer Science majors,
- a professionally-oriented option for non-CS majors.
Students in Option 1 complete PhD-level coursework and a research-oriented MS paper as part of their degree, while students in Options 2 and 3 complete professionally-oriented coursework, mostly drawn from the department’s Masters Program in Computer Science.
In this program, students complete all or nearly all their undergraduate requirements in their first three years of study, and their graduate requirements in a fourth year of study. As such, this program is only open to outstanding undergraduates who are on track to complete their BA/BS requirements by the end of their third year (with, at most, 2-3 undergraduate courses left to complete during their fourth year).
Detailed degree requirements can be found in the College Catalog.
Students interested in applying should review the slides from the Bx/MS info session.
Students apply to start the Bx/MS program in:
- Autumn Quarter of their fourth year, graduating in the following Spring Quarter
- Winter Quarter of their fourth year, graduating in the following Summer Quarter or Autumn Quarter
This program has two admission cycles: one in January/February to apply to the Autumn Quarter start, and one in June to apply to the Winter Quarter start. Students interested in a Winter Quarter start should not apply in the first admissions cycle.
- Autumn 2024: Monday, January 29th, 2024, at 5pm
- Winter 2025: Monday, June 10th, 2024, at 5pm